Everyone knows that Napa Valley and Sonoma are known for their beautiful vineyards and delectable wine. No matter if you love a good Cabernet Sauvignon or prefer a Zinfandel, touring California’s wine country is a must. Whether you go to learn about winemaking or to check another item off of your bucket list, the wine tours in Napa Valley and Sonoma are the perfect addition to a San Francisco vacation.
Of course, there are plenty of Napa Valley wine tours to choose from. Instead of hastily choosing a tour, do your research and discover which wine tour is right for you.
Ultimate Wine Tasting Tour to Napa & Sonoma Valley
Do you consider yourself to be a wine connoisseur? If so, the Ultimate Wine Tasting Tour to Napa & Sonoma Valley is ideal for you. As one of the most inclusive wine tours in Napa Valley, this tour features vineyards in both Napa and Sonoma Valley for a well-rounded experience. Guests are treated to tastings at renowned vineyards including Madonna Estate, Sutter Home, and Sebastiani Vineyards. While visiting each winery, you’ll learn about the winemaking process from the best of the best.
- All wine tasting fees are included in the tour price!
- Bring extra cash for lunch and shopping in the Historic Downtown Sonoma Square.
- The tour is available daily at 9:00 am and is approximately 8-9 hours long.
- All guests must bring a government-issued ID to participate in the wine tastings.
Your ultimate wine tasting tour also includes a scenic drive through San Francisco and across the Golden Gate Bridge.
Muir Woods and Sonoma Wine & Beer Tour
Looking to add a bit of adventure to your San Francisco vacation? If you answered “yes,” the Muir Woods and Sonoma Wine & Beer Tour is exactly what you want. In one tour, you’ll have the opportunity to experience all that Muir Woods and California’s renowned wine country have to offer. Your day begins by crossing the Golden Gate Bridge and heading to Muir Woods National Monument for a morning of exploration.
After seeing the tallest trees in the world, you’ll head out to the historic Downtown Sonoma Square for lunch and then to some of Sonoma’s top wineries and vineyards. Guests are treated to wine tastings and a flight from local breweries. For the perfect combination of nature and San Francisco’s finest wine, choose this tour!
- Wear comfortable and sturdy walking shoes in Muir Woods National Monument.
- Guests must bring a government issued ID to participate in the wine tastings.
- This tour is approximately 10 hours long.
- Bring extra cash for the Muir Woods entrance fee, lunch, and extraneous purchases at the vineyards.
- Complimentary San Francisco hotel transportation is provided.
I would highly recommend this tour to anyone looking to maximize their time in San Francisco. Between the wine country and the gigantic trees, it’s one unforgettable tour.
Premium Outlet Shopping Tour & Wine Tasting
Perhaps you’re more interested in taking advantage of San Francisco’s premium outlet shopping opportunities. Why not spend the day racking up great deals and going on the best wine tours in Napa Valley?
The Premium Outlet Shopping Tour & Wine Tasting from Extranomical Tours brings guests to Vacaville Premium Outlets for 4 hours of shopping time and provides them with a complimentary VIP coupon book for additional savings. Once you’ve shopped to your heart’s content, it’s time to head out to Napa Valley for a wine tasting! Enjoy the scenic drive, legendary wine, and the unparalleled views.
- Complimentary San Francisco hotel transportation is provided.
- Bring extra cash for lunch, the wine tasting fees, and all shopping.
- Guests must bring a government issued ID to participate in the wine tasting.
- The tour stops at the Golden Gate Bridge for excellent photo opportunities.
Shop until you drop and then relax in California’s wine country during this one-of-a-kind tour.
Redwoods & Wine Country Escape
While heading to California’s wine country, you can’t pass up a chance to discover the magnificent Redwood Sequoia trees. Out of all the wine tours in Napa Valley, wine lovers who want a taste of San Francisco’s great outdoors should choose the Redwoods & Wine Country Escape tour.
Spend your morning strolling through Muir Woods National Monument, followed by an afternoon of three wine tastings. Plus, the wine tastings throughout the day are complimentary! You’ll taste 5-10 wines at each stop while learning about the winemaking process, the history of California vineyards, and talking with vineyard employees.
For lunch, guests can either venture around the famous Sonoma Plaza and purchase a meal of their choice. Or, guests can upgrade their tour experience and receive a private seated gourmet food and wine pairing at a local restaurant.
- Bring a government issued ID to participate in the wine tastings.
- Wear comfortable and sturdy walking shoes to discover Muir Woods National Monument.
- The tour begins early to avoid the crowds at Muir Woods National Monument.
- Bring extra cash should you choose to purchase a meal at Sonoma Plaza.
- The tour includes an optional stop at the Golden Gate Bridge.
Napa and Sonoma Wine Education Day Tour
Those who want to learn about California’s wine industry while on one of the wine tours in Napa Valley should choose the Napa and Sonoma Wine Education Day Tour. This exclusive wine tour brings you to the Benziger Family Winery, where you’ll enjoy a 45-minute tram tour of their fermentation facilities, wine caves, and more. Feel free to ask questions and learn all there is to know about winemaking in California! After your educational tour, you’ll have the opportunity to try delicious wines you just learned about.
Next, you’ll indulge in a picnic lunch at a local winery before heading out to more Sonoma and Napa Valley vineyards. This wine education is nothing short of a good time!
- Don’t forget to bring your government issued ID to participate in the wine tastings.
- The tour is approximately 9-10 hours long.
- Complimentary San Francisco hotel transportation is available.
- Bring extra cash for additional food and purchases.
- While tasting fees are included in the tour price, additional tastings (at your discretion) are not.
If you’re curious about winemaking and California’s wine industry, this is the tour for you.
Wine Lover’s Tour
Of all the wine tours in Napa Valley, the name of this specific tour says it all. The Wine Lover’s Tour is ideal for those who want to explore California’s wine country and visit anywhere from four to six boutique wineries in a day.
During this wine tour, guests can decide to visit both Napa Valley and Sonoma or focus on one particular area of wine country. This allows guests to completely customize their wine tour experience. Do note that wine tasting fees are not included in the tour price due to the individualized nature of the tour.
- Olive oil and cheese tastings are also available at select wineries.
- Complimentary San Francisco hotel transportation included.
- Wine tasting fees are not included in the tour price, so remember to bring spending money.
- Bring a government issued ID to participate in all wine tastings during the tour.
Trust me, if you’re a wine lover, you’ll adore this tour!
Reserve Your Spot on the Wine Tours in Napa Valley
Know which of the wine tours in Napa Valley are just right for you? Head to Reserve San Francisco to reserve your spot before they all fill up.