Most visitors associate Table Rock Lake with boating, fishing, and swimming. But that’s not all this outdoor oasis offers. The Table Rock Lakeshore Trail is an ideal place to go for a hike. So, lace up your favorite walking shoes and get ready to breathe in the fresh air of Branson.
To make your Table Rock hike easier here are nine facts and tips to help you on your way.
1) The main trailhead is located at the Dewey Short Visitor Center in the southwestern corner of the center’s parking lot.
2) Two other trailheads are located nearby: The Showboat Branson Belle Trailhead and Table Rock State Park Trailhead.
3) Parking is available at all three trailheads. Make note the Showboat Branson Belle Trailhead is open only during Branson Belle operating hours and parking can be quite difficult around show times.
4) Table Rock Lakeshore Trail is 2.25 miles and is an easy, paved path suitable for families.
5) The trail is wheelchair accessible and allows for motorized and non-motorized wheelchairs.
6) Expect to spot various wildlife along the route. There are chances to see deer, red tail foxes, chipmunks, squirrels, bald eagles, osprey, ducks, cardinals, bluebirds, and other species.
7) Separated by the lake anywhere from 15-40 yards of trees, views of the lake are sporadic depending on the season but when they’re good, they’re really great!
8) There are glades and dry woodlands on the upper side of the trail with oaks more than 200 years old.
9) To view a detailed map of the trail, click here.
Want to explore even more of the great outdoors in Branson? Nearby, there are 11.75 miles of trails in the White River Valley Trail System, consisting of four varied loops, and the Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery has nearly three miles of trails (easy to moderate) through forests and glades.
If you need additional information, you can always call the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at 417-334-4101 or visit their website.
Ashley is Reserve Direct’s travel expert, visiting Branson to find the best travel tips, money-saving deals and insider information. With over 10 years of experience in first-hand-travel adventures, she shares her stories, advice, and current events to help you stay in the know.
Visit Myrtle Beach and stay in one of the hotels with free parking. Check out this list of a few…
Jetting off to San Diego with your sweetheart? Add these romantic things to do in San Diego for couples to…
Staying at hotels with waterparks in Myrtle Beach is ideal. These resorts offer indoor parks for year-round fun, as well…
Kings Dominion is known for its super awesome thrill rides. What new rides and entertainment are headed to Kings Dominion…
Rare and unique automobiles, as well as custom cars and models are showcased during Pigeon Forge car shows scheduled throughout…
So many buffets, so little time! Use our helpful list of the five best buffets in Myrtle beach to narrow…